It's time to elect the next Executive Board for UVSA Gulf Coast! The Executive Board consists of the President, Internal Vice President, External Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
The Executive Board provides governance to the organization and represents the organization in the community. Executive Board officers shall hold their positions for two (2) years. All Executive Board office positions cannot be occupied or shared by more than one (1) individual. Executive Board officers may not hold a position on a Vietnamese Student Association or its variants during this time.
Please be sure to review the Elections Packet prior to submitting your application.
The deadline to apply for an Executive Board position is Sunday, April 15, 2018, at 11:59 PM CDT.
The responsibilities of the Executive Board are:
- Provide advice and guidance to the ICC and the performance of its duties
- Attend ICC meetings in the performance of its duty to advise and guide the ICC
- Ensure that UVSA complies with all applicable laws and regulations
- Represent UVSA to the community
- Build and maintain UVSA Gulf Coast’s relationship to the community
- Maintain and keep all UVSA Gulf Coast records in an organized and accessible manner
- Executive Board members are expected to oversee all Cabinet positions, with the expectation being that all Executive Board members, with the exception of the President, be the main point of contact for select cabinet positions and attending cabinet meetings
Conditions for Candidacy
- Candidates may run for the office of President, Internal Vice President, External Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary
- Candidates may not be more than 28 years of age at time of election
- Candidates cannot be less than 20 years of age at time of election
- Candidates must be approved by the Elections Committee and three-fifths (⅗) of the current Executive Board. When you apply, the Elections Committee and Executive Board will review your application and confirm your status within 3-5 business days.
- Candidates cannot run for more than one position at the same time
Application Period - Wednesday, March 21st to Sunday, April 15th at 11:59 PM CDT
Interest Call - Monday, April 9th // Time TBD.
Candidate Interviews - Sunday, April 22nd to Saturday, April 28th
Campaign Period - Sunday, April 29th to Sunday, May 13th
Candidates Q&A (Online) - Monday, May 7th // Time TBD
Votes Due - Sunday, May 13th at 11:59 PM CDT
Results Announced - Wednesday, May 16th
All dates are subject to change. If any changes are made, updates will be announced via the election’s official Facebook event page.