GC Summit Registration FAQ
About GC Summit
What is UVSA-GC?
- The Union of Vietnamese Student Associations Gulf Coast, also known as Tổng Hội Sinh Viên Việt Nam Miền Vùng Vịnh Gulf Coast, is a non-profit, non-partisan, community-based organization created to serve and develop the next generation of Vietnamese leaders. Originally formed on April 1, 2014 by five Vietnamese Student Association alumni from Louisiana and Mississippi, UVSA Gulf Coast has evolved into a larger organization composed of over two dozen elected and appointed delegates representing the Intercollegiate Council, Cabinet, Alumni Advisors, and Executive Board.
What is Summit?
- The Gulf Coast Summit is a gathering of young adults from the Vietnamese-American communities across the Gulf Coast region. The purpose of Summit is to empower these young leaders with the right tools to develop themselves as leaders and professionals. Attendees will be able to experience motivational speakers, engage in educational workshops, network and participate in unity activities with other young leaders within and outside the Gulf Coast region, and more. ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE PROHIBITED AT AND DURING SUMMIT.
When and where will Summit take place?
- Summit will take place at Loyola University New Orleans from June 1-3, 2018.
Who attends Summit?
- Any affiliated Vietnamese Student Association member who is interested in developing his/her professional or leadership skills.
How do I Register for Summit?
- Visit the UVSA Gulf Coast website at https://www.uvsagulfcoast.org.
When does Summit Registration open?
- Summit registration will begin on Sunday, April 1st at 8 PM CDT.
What are the registration costs for GC Summit?
- A ticket for early registration will be $50.
- A ticket for regular registration will be $60.
- A ticket for late registration will be $70
What is the Registration Tier system and how does it work?
- The registration tier system is a model that designates a certain number of spots available per category (early, regular, late, waitlist). Once the last spot is filled in each category, Summit Registration Committee will prepare to open for the next category. Since the registration tier system does not have specific dates (ex. regular registration only will open when spots of early registration is filled), please keep an eye out for a post regarding the next round of registration on our website and through social media.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Only PayPal is accepted.
How will I know if my Summit payment is processed and confirmed?
- A member of the Summit Hospitality and Registration Committee will contact you within 3-5 business days to confirm payment.
What is included in my registration fee?
- Access to all Summit programming, Summit Lanyard, Badge, Swag Bag, T-Shirt, Gala Seat, Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Lunch, Sunday Breakfast, Wifi
Can I get a refund or transfer my registration?
- The last day for registration refunds is Sunday, May 13, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- The last day for registration transfers is Wednesday, May 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
What is the process for refund and transfer?
- Please contact Hospitality and Registration Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the refund and/or transfer process.
Is there a waiting list for Summit? If so, how do I get on the waiting list?
- There will be a waitlist. Waitlist option will be available once all spots are taken.
If I register but am no longer able to attend summit, can I give up my secured spot to a friend on the waitlist?
- Yes, Summit registration can be transferred to anyone on the waitlist as long as it is completed by Wednesday, May 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Lodging & Parking
Where is the Summit Site?
- The Summit Site will be at Monroe Hall at Loyola University New Orleans.
Where can I park my car during Summit?
- There will be nearby street parking on the weekends
- Parking at Tulane University is free after 5:30 p.m. on Fridays until 8 a.m. Mondays
- Parking on Loyola’s campus will be $5.25 per day, for 3 days the total will be $15.75. More information will be provided on how to pay for parking passes soon.
How do I register for housing?
- Log onto your account on the registration portal and you can register and pay for housing there.
- If you would like to room with your friend(s), purchase the appropriate room preference and share one room ID among your roommates. In order to room together, everyone must have the same room ID. To view your room ID, log into your account on https://events.uvsagulfcoast.org, then under ‘Summit’, go straight to step 3. There you will see your room code option box after you have purchase room in step 4. Replace your room ID with your friend’s room ID and click on ‘Update’. Your room ID will update and your friend's names should now appear in the "roommates" box. The last day to update your room ID is May 16th. After this deadline, you will not be able to make any additional changes to your roommate selection. Note that to be in the same room/suite, you MUST all have paid. If there’s only three people staying in a suite for four, there is a chance a fourth attendee will be assigned to the suite.
What is the lodging like?
- Attendees will be housed in Carrollton Hall at Loyola University.
- Each room houses two people, and each room shares a bathroom and living room with the room next door.
- Here is a sample floor plan
- When registering for housing, attendees will be able to choose a preference for roommates and neighbors. Roommates must be of the same gender.
What is the cost of lodging?
- $60 total for two nights at Summit, per person
Am I required to stay at the lodging area?
- No, but we highly recommend attendees to be housed on campus.
Do I need to bring my own linens?
- Yes. We recommend bringing a pillow and sleeping bag or blankets and sheets.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please contact the Hospitality/Registration Committee at email@example.com.