The University of Mississippi Vietnamese Students Association (UMVSA), strive to encourage and support our members in promoting an understanding of the Vietnamese culture within the university communities and the community at large, to develop and execute programs to support the interests of the university student bodies, to provide opportunities for greater expression of the Vietnamese culture, and to represent Vietnamese students at the University of Mississippi. Furthermore, we aim to cultivate our members in the values of leadership, pride, and service that will allow our members to develop into effective and positive members of society.
1. Leadership: Encourage our members to become effective communicators and role models in both the Vietnamese-American and university communities, but the Oxford and Mississippi communities at large.
2. Pride: Nurture a sense of cultural pride in our own members, as well as allow others in our community to learn and appreciate the Vietnamese culture.
3. Service: Promote a sense of philanthropic responsibility to the communities encompassing the Vietnamese Students Association.
Official Name: University of Mississippi Vietnamese Students Association
Official Acronym: UMVSA
Also known as: Ole Miss VSA
Established: February 9, 2011
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
University Website: www.olemiss.edu/
2016 - 2017 Executive Board
President: Loren Huynh
Internal Vice President: Andrew Pham
External Vice President: Thao Le
Treasurer: John Nguyen
Culture Chair: Amy Ly-Ha
Secretary: Laura Nguyen
Fundraising Chair: Thien Nguyen
Public Relations: Yeonju Lee
Social Chair: Eric Lam
Gulf Coast Awards
2015 - 2016
- Most Outstanding Organization
- Most Outstanding Social Event - "Anh Chi Em Week"
- Gulf Coast Future Award - Loren Huynh
Recent UM VSA News
May 2, 2017 7:39 pm
The following is written by Abigayle Lista, the 2016 – 2017 ICC Rep from the Loyola Asian Student Organization. Fashion, food, and performances to never… more>>
April 11, 2017 1:32 am
The following is an essay from Kris Dinh. She is a current student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and was one of two recipients… more>>
April 9, 2017 2:13 pm
Camp Delta is an annual leadership retreat in which VSA members from across the region come together to learn from one another, bond, and become… more>>
April 8, 2017 4:29 pm
The following is an essay from Lisa Than. She is a current student at Xavier University of Louisiana and was one of two recipients of… more>>