UVSA Gulf Coast is proud to present one scholarship to an individual, who is involved in the VSA community, an opportunity to attend the 15th Annual UNAVSA Leadership Conference, also known as UNAVSA-15. The scholarship recipient will have their registration and hotel (quad) costs covered.
- Must be a first-time attendee to UNAVSA Leadership Conference
- Must be a current undergrad student attending an affiliate college or university within UVSA Gulf Coast
- Must like the official UVSA Gulf Coast Facebook page and follow UVSA Gulf Coast’s Instagram account
- Those with outstanding applications will move onto the interview round
- Should you win the scholarship you are required to attend all registered workshops, CPP Selection, Cultural Show, and Gala during conference, as well as produce a post-conference testimonial about your experience at conference.
Please answer the following questions in essay or video form
- What does leadership mean to you?
- What makes a good leader?
- Why are you passionate about VSA?
- How did you become interested in UNAVSA?
- Why do you want to go to UNAVSA-15?
- How can you benefit from UNAVSA-15?
- What do you hope to bring back to your VSA/community after attending UNAVSA-15?
- Application Period: Tuesday, April 17th to Sunday, May 13th at 11:59 PM CDT
- Interview Period: May 14th to 27th
- Announce winner: Saturday, June 2nd at the Third Annual Gulf Coast Awards during UVSA Gulf Coast’s Inaugural Leadership and Professional Development Summit
If I’ve already registered for conference and/or paid for hotel, and I win the scholarship, do I get reimbursed?
Do I have to be currently registered for conference to apply for this scholarship?